As an estimation tool, PLNAR averages measurements within 95-99%. Measurement accuracy is dependent upon a number of items:
- Device: We have found the new iPhones (8 and X) to be more accurate than the 6S and 6S plus. We assume this will be the case for newer generations of iPhone.
- Lighting: The more the system can see, the more accurate the results.
- Point Placement: The more precise you are when you place each point, the more accurate the measurements
- Larger Spaces: The larger the room the more opportunity there is for augmented reality (AR) measurements to "drift". 25 foot room is a good max size to achieve the SLA.
- Flat Ground: Make sure the area that you are trying to measure has a flat floor surface.
- Texture: Make sure the floor has enough texture such as spots, stains, etc so the camera can pick up "feature points". This won't work well on a white carpet with no noticeable differentiation.
- Calibration: Make sure you restart the calibration in every new room (Hit the + sign)